At the TCC, we provide a wide range of clinical monitoring services. Our clinical monitors also facilitate the communication between the TCC and study sites and centres. They:
- Perform pre-study visits to inform investigators and discuss the preparations for the study.
- Perform initiation visits to enable the study to start.
- Train study staff to use the case report forms.
- Remain in contact with study staff.
- Perform regular monitoring visits to monitor the quality and progress of the study.
- Check that study sites work precisely as laid down in good clinical practice guidelines.
- Check that the rights of study participants are upheld.
- Verify the data in the case report forms.
- Monitor adherence to the study protocol.
- Perform close-out visits to round off administrative and logistic aspects after the study has been completed.
We also maintain a network of contacts with external monitors in a range of countries, who can perform clinical monitoring work in a range of European languages. This enables us to provide quality clinical monitoring services for all types of clinical studies, even if the study sites are spread across a large geographical area.